Friday, November 14, 2008

Green Beans Dessert

For two persons, all you need :

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
1 1/2 glasses of green beans, 1/2 glass of sago pearles.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
200 ml or a glass of coconut milk. And a liter of fresh water.

Methods :

Cook beans with a liter of water until soft. Pour in the sago perles and mix well. Leave to cook for 10 minutes under slow fire. When sago perles turns lightly transparent pour in the coconut milk. Stir well leave to cook again for another 5 mins. Turn off gas and leave aside to cool lightly. Add sugar to taste.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Et voila !!

NB : For a much more tender and delicious dessert, it's advisable to soak the green beans in a bowl of cold water for an hour before cooking.


This is still and shall be always my most favourite delicacy. Each time I went back home for vacations, I packed my humble travelling bagagges (!!) with all sorts of local goodies. And the green beans is a MUST ! Maybe it reminded me a lot of my childhood days or some sort of a 'back to the source' kind of stuff...nostalgia !!

No comments: